Record of the meeting held on March the 8th 1994, in the General Consulate of the Democratic Republic of Angola, in Rio de Janeiro, between the General Consul, Dr.Ismael Diogo da Silva and the signatary.
In time: this text was elaborated in order to give notice to the Southern Star Ltd. of the content of the meeting here described, according to the laws in force this text can not be used to any other purpose.
1. The meeting was scheduled by initiative of the Lawyer of the General Consulate for the Democratic Republic of Angola in Rio.
2. The General Consul explained that the Government had asked him this contact due to the written communications they had received from our lawyers’ offices.
3. Therefore, his Government, said also the General Consul, was thinking of sending a mission to Rio to talk with the signatary over the content of those communications.
4. And they were thinking to send this mission during the second fortnight of this month of MARCH 1994.
5. Then I have informed the General Consul that due to professional commitments previously assumed by me, I would be out of Brazil from the 15th until the 27th March 1994.
6. Furthermore, I have informed the General Consul that it was my purpose to cooperate with the Government of the Democratic Republic of Angola, in representation of the Southern Star Ltd., but unfortunately it happened that the compromises I had assumed abroad for the mentioned period from the 15th until the 27th March 1994 were absolutely urgent.
7. Thus I have regretted this difficulty which had came up and I have shown my total availability for a meeting on any other moment.
8. Then it was put the hypothesis that the same meeting could be held during the first fortnight of April 1994 or in any other opportunity, depending, naturally, of the decision of the Government of the Democratic Republic of Angola.
9. The General Consul said that he would contact his Government in order to inform them of what had happened in that meeting.
10.It was foreseen to be a new contact of which the General Consul would be taking the initiative.
José A. Assis de Almeida